Is your church body or ministry being faced with an abnormal amount of spiritual warfare and attack?
If so, then it is possible that the Enemy has established a stronghold or a series of strongholds that can be dealt with through a 40 Day prayer focus.
Is your church body or ministry living in the victory of these promises?
Now I know that the LORD saves his anointed; He answers him from his holy heaven with the saving power of His right hand. Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God. They are brought to their knees and fall, but we rise up and stand firm. – Psalm 20:6-8
There is no one like the God of Jeshurun, who rides on the heavens to help you and on the clouds in His majesty. The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms. He will drive out your enemy before you, saying, “Destroy him!” – Deuteronomy 33:26-27
“Don’t be afraid!” Elisha told him. “For there are more on our side than on theirs!” Then Elisha prayed, “O Lord, open his eyes and let him see!” — 2 Kings 6:16-17
The following questions are for your leadership team to consider as you pray and discern.
1. What strongholds has the Enemy possibly been able to fortify a position of attack against our church or ministry?
2. Have there been any ongoing, undealt-with sins amongst our leadership?
There’s no formula to determine these, they must be revealed to you by the Spirit of the Living God.
For whatever is hidden is meant to be disclosed, and whatever is concealed is meant to be brought out into the open. – Mark 4:22
3. Is there a spiritual heaviness that’s very noticeable on our church or ministry campus?
4. Have we noticed a pattern of repeated satanic attack during a similar time or against a specific ministry area?
5. In last decade or so of our church or ministry history, can we identify undealt-with sins that have created a figurative pile of dysfunction, disorder, disclosed and hidden things, death, and decay that have been “swept under the rug,” glossed over, and ignored. Has God been trying to get our attention concerning it so that He can bring healing, wholeness and redemption?
He who conceals his sins does not prosper, but whoever confesses and renounces them finds mercy. – Proverbs 28:13
6. Are we consistently grieving the Holy Spirit by our unwillingness to allow Him to move in biblical but also supernatural ways within our body?
Do not put out the Spirit’s fire; do not treat prophecies with contempt. Test everything. Hold on to the good. 1 Thessalonians 5:19-21
7. As leadership do we have hearts of stone that Jesus needs to turn into hearts of flesh (Ezekiel 36:26)? As leadership are we in the consistent practice of listening to God?
The Sovereign LORD has given me an instructed tongue,
to know the word that sustains the weary.
He wakens me morning by morning,
wakens my ear to listen like one being taught.
The Sovereign LORD has opened my ears,
and I have not been rebellious;
I have not drawn back. – Isaiah 50:4-5
8. Is our church or ministry in a “life or death” spiritual battle that needs a 2 Chronicles 20:12-17 victory?
9. Are we on the brink of Father using our church body in mighty way?
What promises has Father spoken over our church body? What has He impressed upon our hearts as to what He is about to do in our midst?
For thus says the Lord: “Even the captives of the mighty shall be taken, and the prey of the tyrant be rescued, for I will contend with those who contend with you, and I will save your children.” – Isaiah 49:25
The Bottom Line:
Jesus wants to use your church body or ministry mightily for the saving of many lives (Genesis 50:20), but first requires that we rid ourselves of any existing piles of death and curses (Deuteronomy 30:19-20) so we can stand against the enemies coming against us (Joshua 7:13, Ephesians 6:12-13). Dealing with the spiritual strongholds or getting rid of your pile will follow clearly-stated biblical principles. At the same time, your church’s or your ministry’s 40 Day Prayer Focus will be tailor-fit by Jesus’ guidance and direction.
40 Day Prayer Support given through our 40 Day workbook and through 4 meetings (more meetings may be necessary depending on situation) which can be done via phone or online video call.
Angela Sansone is a knowledgeable, experienced, Spirit-led, and biblically-directed intercessor. She provides invaluable support and direction as well as helpful follow-up during 40 Day prayer process. Angela humbly assisted and supported our leadership team with written helps as well as interceding alongside us. She stood by us before, during, and after 40 Day process. — Artie Davis, Lead Pastor Cornerstone Church
40 Days in Bible: